What happened at Black Friday with Site Search at your Online Store?
Black Friday and Ciber Monday have been a total success this year. Most online stores have made as much revenue within this past weekend as the entire month.
We have seen amazing patterns that must be taken into account for future campaigns, not only future occurrences of the same weekend, but other SALE periods.
Here are some indicators to look at:
- Growth of Site Search visits: Average growth of x4 across all sectors (Gifts, Electronics, Fashion & Life Style). Some recent EmpathyBroker installs that have released their improved Search moved to x10 more Site Search visits.
SiteSearch visits Growth BF
- Growth of Site Search conversion: x4 average increase. Amazing performance with up to 12.8% Site Search conversion in massive markets (UK, EU, US, AU within their times zone from 0900 to 1800 on the 27th of November).
SiteSearch conversion Growth BF
- Growth on Average Words Per Query: This KEY indicator to SiteSearch Findability and Add to Carts experiences growth too through this kind of special campaign, these longer queries have much more Conversion and the instant/motion UX experiences offered by EmpathyBroker are a trigger for this behaviour change. In English language across over 10M queries within the 27th of November the growth was from 1.7 to 1.9 words per query (UK, US, EU, AU markets).
- Growth of Singular vs Plural queries: Singular queries (i.e. dress vs dresses), take the leadership on the long neck of queries. This is such a fundamental pattern to watch out for since singular queries have an average conversion that nearly doubles that of plural queries. The user that formulates a query for “jacket” has nearly double more commitment to a purchase than the user who runs the query by “jackets”. This point needs to be analysed together with the next one.
- Growth on Shared Intent Queries and Queries by Session: x2 average of queries per session from 2.4 to nearly 5 queries per session. This is a fundamental indicator for EmpathyBroker, as it allows to move from strategies that are query based to those that are intention based. We define an intention as a set of queries that share the same goal, when the user runs one query and immediately after runs a second one (within a given set of filters), the time spam between these is vital too and the grouping of these first and second queries (with the dimension of clicks and no-clicks) helps us to build an automated understanding of shared intentions that is then used for various use cases.
- Growth of queries by exact Product Name or Product Reference: Particularly in the first hours of the campaign, these queries are in some online stores dominant, representing intentions that have seen the product in question and what a short cut to reach it directly, find out its discounted price, stock and size availability and immediately add to cart. We have not completed an exact study of this growth but for some of customers during the first hours of the campaign the log neck of queries had product SKUs and Names predominantly.
What do we do with such set of Search Behaviours variations?
Seize the opportunity, be prepared, trade real time to query trends, see these trends as the time zones move as you can anticipate from global markets and place your minds there where the committed buyer minds are because these Site Search users can make a MASSIVE difference on the revenue line for most Online Stores.
To trade on SALE or Campaign period is to PLAY, have fun and make the most of your Site Search!!
Note: The above indicators are cross Desktop, Mobile, Tablet or APP. Do not hesitate getting in touch if you’d like to find out more about specific scenarios, languages, countries or industries.