EmpathyBroker is looking for a QA Engineer to join our engineering team. You will use your
problem solving skills and your expertise to build integration and end-to-end tests to ensure that
the Search Platform used by some of the biggest e-commerce retailers in Europe is running
Below you can find what are the responsibilities for the job:
● You’ll work close with the product teams to build testing specs that can be repeated and run
in an automated fashion.
● You’ll have the opportunity to work with the QA team to identify risks and improving
points where things can be tested automatically.
● You’ll work with the devops team to improve the current deployment pipeline with better
The candidate must be committed, enthusiastic and open minded, with the capacity to empathize
with the final user and without fear to say “I don’t know”.
As part of one of the market dominators, you will have the opportunity to dictate the path
of the company and reach millions of users with your innovations.
The place of work is Gijón or Narón.
EmpathyBroker eCommerce Site Search and Navigation · www.empathybroker.com
● Experience with testing concepts and methodologies: unit testing, integration testing, grey
box testing, etc.
● Experience with Python 3+ and Java 8
● Experience with UI testing tools such as Selenium/PhantomJS
● Ability to detect defects/edge cases in systems
● Experience with bug tracking systems and good skills with bug prioritization
● Experience with Jenkins and Continuous Deployment environments
● Experience with automation frameworks like Fabric, Puppet, etc
● Getting to work with cutting edge technologies.
● High end gear: a 13-inch MacBook Pro with dual monitor setup and the IDE of your choice.
● Bi-annual EmpathyDay (company-wide team building events).
● Possibility to attend tech courses, events and conferences worldwide.
● Every now and then we run and participate in hackathons!
● Flexible working hours.
● Private medical insurance.
● Unlimited coffee and tea.
● Free English lessons at the office.
● And most importantly: an amazing working atmosphere and team culture.
EmpathyBroker is the search engine that powers top retailers online, such as Zara, Mango,
MediaMarkt, Desigual, Tous or Adore Me (among others).
After more than 10 years bringing advanced Information Retrieval technologies to the market,
EmpathyBroker is going through an expansion process that started when we opened our London
office back in 2011 and now continues with a brand new office in New York.
As a self financed company, we dictate our own roadmap with a clear goal in mind: to connect
people and data. Our technology, products and teams are driven by the desire to be challenged, to
grow and to innovate. This vision is accomplished by creating an inventive, imaginative and creative
ecosystem, which is handled with efficiency, standards and processes that render high profitability
Today, EmpathyBroker’s team (40+) is distributed between its Head Office in London, Account
teams in New York and Barcelona and growing Engineering teams in Narón and Gijón.
If you hold these skills and feel motivated by this challenge, contact us at: