At EmpathyBroker our client success culture means everything we do is focused on our customers’ happiness and covering all of their needs, we call this love dispatching. It means we often create roles that, like our mindset, are less conventional, and look for individuals who shine and are exceptional.
We are now looking for someone with a hybrid profile who is capable of combining both frontend and backend technologies.
You will be also be responsible for the Support of our search products, helping our clients throughout their journey with us.
What are we looking for?
A committed, enthusiastic and open minded individual with the capacity to empathize with our customers. Someone who is not afraid to ask questions and always keen to learn and improve. A motivated self-starter who loves a challenge and is always pushing themselves, their ideas, and the norm.
As a part of one of the market leaders and a fast growing company, you will have the opportunity to direct and lead our path while reaching millions of users with your innovations.
Position based out of Gijón or Narón.
- Experience with Java 7+
- Passion for creating clean, functional and well-designed code
- Ability to collaborate with visual and user experience designers to create and implement new features
- Experience interfacing with RESTful services
- Component oriented development
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
- Proactivity, commitment and autonomous
- An open mindset and eagerness to learn
- Understanding of CSS preprocessors such as Sass or Less
- Ability to write effective unit, integration and e2e tests
- Knowledge of frontend testing frameworks: Jasmine, Mocha, Selenium, Protractor…
- Experience with frontend tooling: Grunt, Gulp, Webpack, Bower, npm…
- Strong taste for design and understanding of UX
- Interest in performance, scalability, reliability, mobile-first and cross-browser capabilities
- Experience with Git and other team collaboration tools
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Good spoken and written English
- Clear understanding of Agile methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban
- Working with cutting edge technologies
- High end gear: a 13-inch MacBook Pro with dual monitor setup and the IDE of your choice
- Competitive salary
- Modern office and young, bright team
- Bi-annual EmpathyDay (company-wide team building events)
- Opportunity to attend tech courses, events and conferences worldwide
- Participation in hackathons!
- Flexible working hours
- Private medical insurance
- Unlimited coffee and tea
- Free English lessons at the office
- And most importantly: an amazing working atmosphere and team culture
EmpathyBroker is the search engine powering top retailers online such as Zara, Mango, MediaMarkt, Desigual, Tous and Adoreme, among others.
After more than ten years of bringing advanced Information Retrieval technologies to the market, EmpathyBroker is going through an expansion process that began when we opened our London office back in 2011 and now continues with our brand new office in New York.
As a self financed company, we dictate our own roadmap with a clear goal in mind: to connect people and data. Our technology, products and teams are driven by a desire to be challenged, to grow and to innovate. This vision is accomplished by creating an inventive, imaginative and creative ecosystem, an ecosystem that is managed through efficiency, high standards and processes that deliver high profitability and growth.
Today, EmpathyBroker’s team (42) is distributed between its Head Office in London, Account teams in New York and Barcelona, and growing Engineering teams in Narón and Gijón.
If you hold these skills and feel motivated by this challenge, contact us at: