EmpathyBroker is looking for a tech-savvy DevOps Engineer to join our Backend team. You will use
your Linux administration and tuning skills and software development experience to maintain the
Search Platform used by some of the biggest e-commerce retailers in Europe.
● Infrastructure: Designing and maintaining EmpathyBroker’s cloud-based systems and
● Continuous Development: EmpathyBroker’s customers expect low turnaround times,
which requires a solid CI/CD infrastructure in place.
● Monitoring: Real-time monitoring of our systems is key to deliver a reliable service to
● Security: Follow security best practices and comply with the latest industry standards and
● Tooling: Development and maintenance of internal tools to support the rest of the teams in
The candidate must be committed, enthusiastic and open minded, with the capacity to empathize
with the final user and without fear to say “I don’t know”.
As part of one of the market dominators, you will have the opportunity to dictate the path
of the company and reach millions of users with your innovations.
The place of work is Gijón or Narón.
● Experience with service monitoring (response times, health check, etc.).
● Python 2.7/3+
● Fabric/Terraform/Puppet like systems experience.
● Experience with Prometheus and Zabbix
● Experience with AWS
● Knowledge about distributed systems (even multi datacenter)
● Experience in Security Systems.
● Knowledge in General Data Protection Regulation.
● Getting to work with cutting edge technologies.
● High end gear: a 13-inch MacBook Pro with dual monitor setup and the IDE of your choice.
● Bi-annual EmpathyDay (company-wide team building events).
● Possibility to attend tech courses, events and conferences worldwide.
● Every now and then we run and participate in hackathons!
● Flexible working hours.
● Private medical insurance.
● Unlimited coffee and tea.
● Free English lessons at the office.
● And most importantly: an amazing working atmosphere and team culture.
EmpathyBroker eCommerce Site
EmpathyBroker is the search engine that powers top retailers online, such as Zara, Mango,
MediaMarkt, Desigual, Tous or Adoreme (among others).
After more than 10 years bringing advanced Information Retrieval technologies to the market,
EmpathyBroker is going through an expansion process that started when we opened our London
office back in 2011 and now continues with a brand new office in New York.
As a self financed company, we dictate our own roadmap with a clear goal in mind: to connect
people and data. Our technology, products and teams are driven by the desire to be challenged, to
grow and to innovate. This vision is accomplished by creating an inventive, imaginative and creative
ecosystem, which is handled with efficiency, standards and processes that render high profitability
Today, EmpathyBroker’s team (36) is distributed between its Head Office in London, Account teams
in New York, Manchester and Barcelona and growing Engineering teams in Narón and Gijón.
If you hold these skills and feel motivated by this challenge, contact us at: