Data Scientists influence how EmpathyBroker does business, one date-driven decision at a time! In this role, you may assist business units with causal inferences and observations with finding patterns, relationships in data, develop software, algorithms and applications to apply mathematics to data, perform large scale a variety of business problems and enable business strategy, inform, influence, support, and execute business decisions and product desighn, analyse and explore data to help discover hidden business insights in the data. It may also involve development of complex queries using stored procedures and similar methods, as well as design, develop, and implement high performance and easy-to-use data visualisation functionality, and automation scripts.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for committed, enthusiastic and open minded people, with the capacity to empathize with the final user and without fear to say ”I don’t know”.
As part of one of the market dominators, you will have the opportunity to dictate the path of the company and reach millions of users with your innovations.
The place of work is Gijón or Narón.
- Experience with JQuery, AngularJS, or similar GUI libraries.
- Experience with D3.js, Raphael.js, or comparable data visualisation front.
- Team collaboration tools, such as Git, Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Interfacing with RESTful Web Services.
- Analytical mindset to identify issues and opportunities
Please, do not applicate to the offer if you do not hold these skills, you will not be considered a Candidate.
- Two or more years of experience designing, building, and implementing presentation services.
- Experience with developing geospatial visualisations.
- Ability to drive insight by designing visualisations with logical and meaningful data flow.
- Expertise in building data visualisations with a strong understanding of the appropriate chart types to use to highlight patterns in the data for unstructured and structured data sets.
- Experience in data modeling, analysis, design, testing, development and implementation.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- An advanced degree in specialisation is preferred.
- Getting to work with cutting edge technologies
- High end gear: a 13-inch MacBook Pro with dual monitor setup and the IDE of your choice
- Bi-annual EmpathyDay (company-wide team building events)
- Possibility to attend tech courses, events and conferences worldwide
- Every now and then we run and participate in hackathons!
- Flexible working hours
- Private medical insurance
- Unlimited coffee and tea
- Free English lessons at the office
- And most importantly: an amazing working atmosphere and team culture
EmpathyBroker is the search engine that powers top retailers online, such as Zara, Mango, MediaMarkt, Desigual, Tous or Adoreme (among others).
After more than 10 years bringing advanced Information Retrieval technologies to the market,
EmpathyBroker is going through an expansion process that commenced when we opened our London office back in 2011 and now continues with a brand new office in New York.
As a self financed company, we dictate our own roadmap with a clear goal in mind: to connect people and data. Our technology, products and teams are driven by a desire to be challenged, to grow and to innovate. This vision is accomplished by creating an inventive, imaginative and creative ecosystem, an ecosystem that is handled with efficiencies, standards and processes that render high profitability and growth.
Today, EmpathyBroker’s team (42) is distributed between its Head Office in London, Account teams in New York, Manchester and Barcelona and growing Engineering teams in Narón and Gijón.
If you hold these skills and feel motivated by this challenge, contact us at: