EmpathyBroker is looking for a Community Manager and Developer Advocate to join our expanding Marketing team to help us develop both our social media channels and our technical content ensuring we hit our targets as we continue to grow at pace.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, the successful candidate will help us to amplify the company’s unique vision to reach new audiences while communicating the irresistibility of our brand, products and services in a way that’s compelling and clear.
We’re looking for an experienced Community Manager with a proven success in developing innovative and engaging content, growing B2B social media channels as well as creating and driving promoted and targeted lead generation campaigns. You’ll need to be comfortable communicating complex and technical messages in way that’s well-defined and captivating.
This role also uniquely incorporates that of developer advocacy which requires a technical background and knowledge to be able to speak to one of our core audiences, creating developer-friendly technical content while growing our developer communities.
An excellent writer you’ll be a good judge of content whose able to develop materials that are on brand and suitable for use across multiple channels and multiple audiences. You’ll be able to work independently, using your own initiative and also be a good team player.
This is a very hands-on role where you’ll be encouraged to use your initiative, be creative, imaginative and innovative, and help to drive awareness of the company. The ideal candidate will be able to work at pace and manage multiple work streams, priorities and deadlines. You’ll be committed, enthusiastic and passionate about Social Media, Technology and Innovation.
The position is based out of Gijón, Naron or Valencia.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Create interesting, playful and engaging day-to-day content for our social media channels, understanding the best content to use within each different channel (LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram).
- Produce original marketing campaigns to drive awareness and engagement across our social media and digital channels.
- Deliver targeted and measurable LinkedIn lead generation campaigns.
- Build and grow our social networks, develop relationships within the relevant influencer communities and identify pertinent social trends and trending activity through social listening.
- Create and drive new technical content and our product resources pages through documentation, articles, newsletters and videos.
- Identify opportunities to expand our developer network and build our brand awareness within the developer community through social media, forums, talks and events.
- Connect on a peer-to-peer level with developers and other advocates or influencers to develop industry relationships and spot opportunities for collaboration, sponsorship or partnerships.
Education and job experience:
- Degree level or above.
- 2-3 years previous Community Manager or social media experience, either within an agency or in-house.
- Extensive knowledge of delivering and driving successful social media campaigns (e.g. LinkedIn ads and sponsored content).
- A technical background or an excellent technical knowledge with experience of technical writing.
- Knowledge or experience within a tech company, and previous work within a start-up environment or the eCommerce Industry is not essential but advantageous.
Key skills and behaviours:
- Native or excellent English speaker with an ability to communicate in Spanish.
- Impeccable communication skills, both oral and written.
- A visual and creative eye to be able to produce aesthetically pleasing content with a good eye for detail.
- Ability to work independently and juggle multiple tasks and priorities.
- A creative and innovative thinker who’s passionate about Social Media, Technology and doing things differently.
- Ability and passion to learn new skills and tasks quickly.
- Proactive with a teamwork
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible working hours.
- Private medical insurance.
- Modern office.
- Opportunity to attend relevant training courses.
- Bi-annual EmpathyDay (company-wide team building event).
- And most importantly: an amazing working atmosphere and team culture.
EmpathyBroker was founded in 2012 to help eCommerce stores provide a more joyful search and navigation experience, one that pairs great technology, functionality and features with customer inspiration, emotions and empathy.
Today, some of the world’s largest and most successful commerce stores rely on us to create industry-leading shopping experiences including: Zara, Media Market, AdoreMe, Fenwick, Mango, Accessorize, Adolfo Dominguez, Pepe Jeans, Interflora and Soho House.
EmpathyBroker is currently going through an expansion process that began when we opened our London office back in 2011 and now continues with our brand new office in New York. Today, our team (50 and growing) is distributed between Head Offices in London and Gijón, Account and Marketing teams in New York, Barcelona and Valencia, and a growing Engineering team in Narón.
If you hold these skills and feel motivated by this challenge, contact us at: