Backend engineer open position to work within the search team. Key responsibilities will include:
- Design and build search features to include them into the existing EmpathyBroker search system.
- Design and build new systems to help the company to grow and scale.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for committed, enthusiastic and open minded people, with the capacity to empathize with the final user and without fear to say ”I don’t know”.
As part of one of the market dominators, you will have the opportunity to dictate the path of the company and reach millions of users with your innovations.
The place of work is Gijón or Narón.
- The developer should have two or more years of experience designing and building backend systems.
- Experience with Java 7+.
- Experience with any Lucene based system (solr or elasticsearch for example).
- Experience with unit testing and continuous integration.
- Team collaboration tools, such as Git, Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Analytical mindset to identify issues and opportunities.
Please, do not applicate to the offer if you do not hold these skills, you will not be considered a Candidate.
- Experience building reliable distributed systems.
- Experience with Docker and SOA architectures.
- Experience building asynchronous systems with technologies like Akka.
- Experience in data modeling, analysis, design, testing and implementation.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- An advanced degree in specialisation is preferred.
- Getting to work with cutting edge technologies.
- High end gear: a 13-inch MacBook Pro with dual monitor setup and the IDE of your choice.
- Bi-annual EmpathyDay (company-wide team building events).
- Possibility to attend tech courses, events and conferences worldwide.
- Every now and then we run and participate in hackathons!
- Flexible working hours.
- Private medical insurance.
- Unlimited coffee and tea.
- Free English lessons at the office.
- And most importantly: an amazing working atmosphere and team culture.
EmpathyBroker is the search engine that powers top retailers online, such as Zara, Mango, MediaMarkt, Desigual, Tous or Adoreme (among others).
After more than 10 years bringing advanced Information Retrieval technologies to the market,
EmpathyBroker is going through an expansion process that started when we opened our London office back in 2011 and now continues with a brand new office in New York.
As a self financed company, we dictate our own roadmap with a clear goal in mind: to connect people and data. Our technology, products and teams are driven by the desire to be challenged, to grow and to innovate. This vision is accomplished by creating an inventive, imaginative and creative ecosystem, which is handled with efficiency, standards and processes that render high profitability and growth.
Today, EmpathyBroker’s team (42) is distributed between its Head Office in London, Account teams in New York, Manchester and Barcelona and growing Engineering teams in Narón and Gijón.
If you hold these skills and feel motivated by this challenge, contact us at: