Search Experience Design
As experts in Search and Discovery, we live and breathe search, and our goal is to ensure consumers enjoy an irresistible and engaging digital experience.
About this workshop
Yes, search has got to be fast and relevant, but what’s as important, if not even more so, is that it creates joyful and trustworthy interactions and connections between your customers and your catalogue.
At times search must be functional and help users make quick decisions, such as filtering out noise from a vast selection of products (gender, style, size etc.) while at other times it should be inspirational and conversational, recommending new products and styles that are personal to each customer. It all boils down to people’s mood and moment.
Designing a Search Experience that understands the connections between people and data may be the biggest and most unexpected breakthrough for your brand. In this workshop, you’ll get insightful tips and learn how to make search the most irresistible asset of your online shop.
What are you going to learn?
- Search performance
- Clicks, exits, findability, and sales
- Behavioural UX analysis
- Queries per session, refinements, duration, user type (new vs returning), devices and search happiness
- Query reports
- Query clusters, No Results, trends
- Clicks and sales performance
- Text, voice and image search
- Personalisation in search
- Conversational search and chatbots
Search Experience Design; Mobile First or Mobile Only?
- The search box
- Size and location
- Discovery walls
- Search trends, most searched for products, user search history, contextual queries
- Search suggestions, SKUs, promoted links
- Expressive design
- Box expansion, suggestions, etc.
- Type of results
- Product, content, stores, FAQs, etc.
- Results layout
- Single vs multiple listings, dynamic layouts based on query type
- Data transparency and privacy
- Facets: single or multiple selection
- Product information
- Hover, attributes, etc.
- Expressive Design Merchandising
- Promoted links, banners
No Results Queries
- Partial results
- SKU search and out of stock references
- Non catalogue search
- Stores, returns, etc.
- CMOs, CTOs, CIOs, CPOs
- Digital Directors
- eCommerce Managers
- UX / CX Design Teams
- Product Owners
- Marketing Professionals
- “EmpathyBroker’s Search Workshop opened our minds to new ideas through a deeper understanding and analysis of our own site as well as a greater awareness of industry trends and innovations. It was both informative and energetic, and we came away with renewed enthusiasm and ideas. An excellent and very worthwhile session.”
- “EmpathyBroker´s workshop on the design of search experiences covered everything from the search engine to reporting, the user interface to the user experience, and it was not only enjoyable but inspirational. We learnt an incredible amount and look forward to taking this back to our customers as well as working alongside EmpathyBroker collaboratively in the future. We’d thoroughly recommend these workshops.”
- “EmpathyBroker´s Search Design Workshop was insightful, inspirational and informative. We came away with the knowledge of not only how to get the most from our own website search engine but also with a better understanding of the market, trends and innovations.”