At EmpathyBroker our client success culture means everything we do is focused on our customers’ happiness and covering all of their needs, we call this love dispatching. It means that we often create roles that, like our mindset, are less conventional, and look for individuals who shine and are exceptional.
We are now looking for a Back-end Engineer who will work as part of our Search team to design and build search features within our the existing EmpathyBroker search system, as well as new systems to help the company to grow and scale.
What are we looking for?
A committed, enthusiastic and open-minded individual with the capacity to empathise with our customers. Someone who is not afraid to ask questions and always keen to learn and improve. A motivated self-starter who loves a challenge and is always pushing themselves, their ideas, and the norm.
As a part of one of the market leaders and a fast-growing company, you’ll have the opportunity to direct and lead our path while reaching millions of users with your innovations.
Position based out of Gijón or Narón.
- Two or more years of experience designing and building back-end systems.
- Experience with Java 7+.
- Experience with any Lucene based system (such as solr or elasticsearch).
- Experience with unit testing and continuous integration.
- Team collaboration tools such as Git, Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence, etc.
- An analytical mindset to identify issues and opportunities.
Please, do not applicate to the offer if you do not hold these skills as you will not be considered for the role.
- Experience building reliable distributed systems.
- Experience with Docker and SOA architectures.
- Experience building asynchronous systems with technologies like Akka.
- Experience in data modelling, analysis, design, testing and implementation.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- An advanced degree in a specialisation is preferred.
- Working with cutting edge technologies
- High-end gear: a 13-inch MacBook Pro with dual monitor setup and the IDE of your choice
- Competitive salary
- Modern office and young, bright team
- Bi-annual EmpathyDay (company-wide team building events)
- Opportunity to attend tech courses, events and conferences worldwide
- Participation in hackathons!
- Flexible working hours
- Private medical insurance
- Enjoy our fabulous office Gym
- Unlimited coffee and tea
- Free English lessons at the office
- And most importantly: an amazing working atmosphere and team culture
EmpathyBroker is a technology company founded in 2012 to help eCommerce stores provide a more joyful search and discovery experience, pairing great technology, functionality and features with customer inspiration, emotions and empathy.
As a self-financed company, we dictate our own roadmap and our technology, products and teams are all driven by the desire to be challenged, to grow and to innovate. This vision is accomplished by creating an inventive, imaginative and creative ecosystem, which is handled with efficiency, standards and processes that render high profitability and growth.
Today, some of the largest and most successful commerce stores in the world use EmpathyBroker including: Mango, Massimo Dutti, Casa del Libro, Interflora, Adolfo Dominguez, Pepe Jeans, Accessorize, AdoreMe, Fenwick and Soho House. For more information visit www.empathybroker.com
EmpathyBroker is currently going through an expansion process that began when we opened our London office back in 2011 and now continues with our brand, new office in New York. Today, our team (60 and growing) is distributed between Head Offices in London and Gijón, Account and Marketing teams in New York, Barcelona and Valencia, and a growing Engineering team in Narón and Gijón.
If you hold these skills and feel motivated by this challenge, contact us at: