build awesome features in our core frontend products:
● Layer: highly customizable plug and play library for EmpathyBroker’s search, used by millions of
● Play: actionable WYSIWYG dashboard to manage EmpathyBroker from any environment.
● Insights: advanced data visualizations to help us and our clients to discover patterns in data
and take business decisions.
You will be also responsible for the Delivery (customization and fine-tuning) of the products above to
our customer base.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for committed, enthusiastic and open minded people, with the capacity to empathize
with the final user and without fear to say “I don’t know”.
As part of one of the market dominators, you will have the opportunity to dictate the path of the
company and reach millions of users with your innovations.
The place of work is Gijón.
● Passion for creating clean, functional and well-designed code
● Ability to collaborate with visual and user experience designers to create and implement new
● Experience interfacing with RESTful services
● Component oriented development
● Ability to write effective unit, integration and e2e tests
● Proactivity, commitment and autonomy
● Open mindset and eagerness to learn
● Understanding of CSS preprocessors such as Sass or Less
● Knowledge of frontend testing frameworks: Jasmine, Mocha, Selenium, Protractor…
● Experience with frontend tooling: Grunt, Gulp, Webpack, Bower, npm…
● Experience with data visualization tools like D3.js or deck.gl
● Knowledge of TypeScript and/or ES6
● Strong taste for design and understanding of UX
● Concerned about performance, scalability, reliability, mobile-first and cross-browser capabilities
● Experience with Git and other team collaboration tools
● Strong oral and written communication skills
● Spoken and written English
● Clear understanding of Agile methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban
● Getting to work with cutting edge technologies
● High end gear: a 13-inch MacBook Pro with dual monitor setup and the IDE of your choice
● Bi-annual EmpathyDay (company-wide team building events)
● Possibility to attend tech courses, events and conferences worldwide
● Every now and then we run and participate in hackathons!
● Flexible working hours
● Private medical insurance
● Unlimited coffee and tea
● Free English lessons at the office
● And most importantly: an amazing working atmosphere and team culture
EmpathyBroker is the search engine that powers top retailers online, such as Zara, Mango, MediaMarkt,
Desigual, Tous or Adoreme (among others).
After more than 10 years bringing advanced Information Retrieval technologies to the market,
EmpathyBroker is going through an expansion process that commenced when we opened our London
office back in 2011 and now continues with a brand new office in New York.
As a self financed company, we dictate our own roadmap with a clear goal in mind: to connect people
and data. Our technology, products and teams are driven by a desire to be challenged, to grow and to
innovate. This vision is accomplished by creating an inventive, imaginative and creative ecosystem, an
ecosystem that is handled with efficiencies, standards and processes that render high profitability and
Today, EmpathyBroker’s team (36) is distributed between its Head Office in London, Account teams in
New York, Manchester and Barcelona and growing Engineering teams in Narón and Gijón.
If you hold these skills and feel motivated by this challenge, contact us at: